Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Black Beauty



Like any other boys ,I'm also obsessed about bikes very much from my childhood .Collecting bike pictures was the craziest hobby during my school days and I had hunted for bike stills from any source .If my father had seen an artistic paper cut in any magazines or newspapers ,he knows that they were the imprints of his naughty son for bike pics .Unlike other boys ,I learned biking at an early age and I literally counted my days for my bike .Seeing my excessive focus on bikes ,my father promised me to get one with a package deal .The deal is all about getting more than 90% in my 10th board exam .Which is obviously an unachievable one and I Knew that I'm never gonna get a bike .My mighty hearted father never lost his hope on me .He came with the same deal during 12th class and this time my target was little bit higher than my previous target .I tried ,but I lost the race once again.

At last ,during my end semester my father offered the deal without any package .My fantasy came true ,yes I'm going to get a bike of my own .I had only two choices either Bajaj pulsar or Honda Unicorn .After some long sessions of googling reviews and personal view of pulsar and unicorn owners ,I made a decision to buy Honda Unicorn on seeing its unique features that no other bikes in the market has .I booked The All New Honda Unicorn and I got it after 3 months .Its yet another hell of time in waiting for delivery.


Here I'm gong to tell my personal review about Unicorn .Its been 4 months from the date of my purchase .I think this is the apt time for me to write review for this bike.

Honda delivers the strong revving engine perfectly designed for Indian roads .The engine is so smooth that one can't guess whether the engine is on or off during a traffic signal .As far as the pickup is concern ,It has the best .The bike delivers any speed with the same smooth riding comfort .Clutch is very smooth ,so less force is enough .When I talk about gear shifting ,a feather touch from your feet is enough . The unique feature of the engine is that ,It delivers high torque at low rpm ,thus it reduces the necessity of frequent switching to a lower gear in city riding conditions . In previous versions of Unicorn It came with a conventional heel-toe shifter ,which is replaced with a toe actuated single lever in new Unicorn.

The one of the key aspect of any bike is mileage.Though Honda promises a mileage 60km/ltr,Its gives only from 48-50 in city and 50+ on highways .This is an amazing mileage for a 150cc bike .If you are a frequent gear shifter ,It will drop further down .My big advice is don’t use speed , premium or any other nutritious petrol. It is claimed by many mechanics and in my service center that these types of fuels will cause corrosive damage to cylinder walls and pistons .So beware of it.

When we go for style It’s unique among its class. It has aerodynamic body , sporty headlight ,sleek design ,appealing tail lamp and a muscular fuel tank with knee grip ;which gives you an excellent control over the bike ,while riding .Though Honda is a pioneer in bike manufacturing ,they have a poor taste for bike graphics .But ,I thank god for replacing all those graphics with a Chrome plated 3D logo ,which enhanced its looks better .Compare to older Unicorn, even Saree guard and Exhaust heat shield are painted black to enhance the look .The new version also added Handle bar weights for better stability and control.

The unique feature of this bike is the Mono Suspension. It decreases friction loss lot better than twin shock absorbers . The suspension is close to the center of gravity of the machine, which enhances stability and comfortable ride feel .Second uniqueFeature is the puncture resistant Tuff-up tyres and the third on is the head lamp flasher works even if the engine is OFF. Which is not found in any other 150cc bikes.

So If you ever wanna bike with style , performance , mileage ,comfort and control at a reasonable price , then better go for Unicorn blindly .

5 comments:

Raghul said...

hey rat. after reading your post i decided to go for unicorn BLINDLY :)

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Bikes are an obsession! Although, I dont ride a bike (haven't before and until now, as I write), I'm hoping I'll buy a BMW when I'm older ;)

Nothing like biking eh? Being one who doesnt ride, I can still envision the excitement!

Cheers

Rakesh

The Seeker said...

Bikes are indeed an obession and Even my big bro got a new UNICORN..

Rathish said...

Biking is a craze.Nothing will chill you out than a ride in NH and closing the speedometer with top speed.........

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Dear Rathish

Wishing you a very happy and prosperous new year!

May the coming year bring to you, the best yet!

Warm Regards

Rakesh